Read this before you decide on pet boarding vs pet sitting: the ultimate guide
Table of Contents
Whether you are going on a business trip or can’t find a pet-friendly hotel near you, you can’t always take your pets everywhere. This means you have to rely on professional care for your pets. When it comes to professional care, pet boarding, and pet sitting are the two options. This article highlights the difference between the two options so you can make an informed choice for your furry friends.
- Pet sitting requires a skilled individual to visit your home during your absence to look after the pets. This approach offers a more intimate and cozy setting as your pet feels safer in its familiar environment at home. In addition, pet sitting involves undivided attention and dedicated care in the pet sitter’s presence. Let’s look at the details of what pet sitting entails:
It Provides Specialized Care
- Specialized pet care is one of the noteworthy aspects of pet sitting. Pet owners can provide detailed instructions to guide the caretaker so that while you’re away, the experience can be smooth as possible for your pet. In addition, you can leave medication requirements, feeding schedules, and other necessary notes regarding your pet’s needs.
The clear mode of communication involved in pet sitting minimizes the chances of hiccups during the pet owner’s absence. In addition, you can explain your pet’s distinct quirks, health needs, and behavioral concerns so that the pet sitter is well-informed. With this knowledge, a pet sitter can care for your pet as requested.
It Is A Tailored Approach
- When you hire the services of a pet sitter, they visit your home to feed, water, and walk your pets., offering a highly personal and tailored experience for the pets. In addition, they specify a time to play with pets, helping them release excess energy without the stress of being in an unfamiliar setting. Although they may miss your presence, being in their home can provide them with a comfortable experience until you return home.
- Pet boarding facilities offer temporary accommodations for multiple pets at a time while their owners are away. These facilities typically have specific rules and regulations that need to be followed. In addition, dedicated and trained professionals ensure adequate pet care throughout their stay at the facility. Here’s what’s included in pet boarding:
It Is A Professional Service
- Pet boarding is a professional service where skilled caretakers provide comprehensive pet care. These professionals are trained to care for your pet’s needs in your absence. In addition, they have an in-depth knowledge of the animals’ specific dietary, medical, and physical requirements. This ensures that your pets receive the appropriate care during their stay at the boarding facility.
It Is Equipped To Deal With Emergencies
- Unlike pet sitting, pet boarding facilities maintain well-documented records and are well-equipped to handle your pet’s allergies, health conditions, and emergency needs. In addition, staff members are trained to administer medications as needed, ensuring your pets remain healthy while you are away.
Reasons To Choose Pet Boarding Over Pet Sitting
- Your pet can interact and socialize with other animals. While playing with their new friends, pets may not even notice you are away.
- It gives you the certainty that your pet is under the care of certified professionals trained to handle all sorts of emergencies and pet needs.
- Pet boarding provides a high level of care at less cost than pet sitting.
At Autumn Trails Veterinary Center, we offer veterinarian-supervised pet boarding that is safe and convenient for your furry friend. So you can enjoy your vacation with peace of mind knowing that your pet is in good hands. In addition, we provide personalized care and attention to ensure your pet feels comfortable and at home during their stay. For further information, give us a call at 434-971-9800. We can help you plan your pet’s stay.