Autumn Trails Veterinary Center is an urgent care/wellness animal hospital located in Charlottesville. We are a client-centered hospital that strives to provide the highest quality visits for all of our patients!
This position assists the Kennel Manager and other kennel staff. This includes restraining, cleaning and walking the boarding animals. The kennel assistant must be able to follow instructions quickly and be able to proficiently handle boarders of all temperaments, and take care of our boarders’ needs within the kennel and outside areas. They are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the hospital and grounds in order to ensure a comfortable environment for our patients and clients.
In addition, the kennel assistant:
- Must have basic computer literacy skills and be able to handle multiple unrelated tasks simultaneously while working in a busy environment.
- Must be very detail oriented.
- Must also be able to lift 50 pounds, work on feet all day, and write legibly.
- Must be customer service oriented and friendly.
- Professional appearance required, scrubs are to be worn at all times and are furnished by the employee.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to handle basic animal husbandry.
Full-time and part-time positions available. Compensation based on experience. Benefits for full-time include health insurance, paid time off, uniform allowance, vacation time and significant pet care discounts.
Please email your resume, 3 references as well as a brief cover letter explaining your qualifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12 – $15