Regardless of how much you love your dog or cat, there will come a time when you’ll have to leave them at home while you travel to another city or country. The first thing that comes to mind is to bring them along, but it is restricted when you find out that the hotel you are planning to stay at has a strict no pets policy. This is why pet boarding is often a better choice if you can find the right place.
Moreover, traveling with a pet is not exactly cheap. This is why many pet owners tend to leave them with their neighbors who, unfortunately, may not know how to take good care of a pet.
In this post, we’ll help you figure out how to choose the best pet boarding in your area.
How to Choose the Best Pet Boarding for Your Cat or Dog
- So after doing a little research on the internet, you have probably shortlisted a few pet boardings near you, but now you are confused about which one to finalize. Let us help you make an informed decision.
What Does Your Pet Prefer?
- A good way to satisfy your pet is to see what is essential for them. Every cat or dog is different and what may have worked for one pet, may not work for others. Keep the needs of your pet in mind when searching for pet boardings.
For instance, if your cat or dog is aggressive, or just not the friendly type with other animals or people, a kennel may be the best place for them. If your dog hates closed spaces or has never lived away from you before, a home boarding setup is a perfect place. See their preference and then decide.
What Vaccinations Are Required?
- Many pet boardings have certain criteria where they only accept pets with certain vaccinations. Since cats and dogs are susceptible to a number of common diseases and infections that are transferred from other animals, especially when they are together in a gathering, it is important that your pet must be vaccinated for rabies, parvovirus, and distemper.
Moreover, your pet must also be vaccinated for kennel cough. It is always a good idea to check with a pet boarding before you decide to leave your pet there.
What Are the Food Arrangements
- When your pet is away from you, they get massively confused and that can lead to stress. If at this time they are not given proper food, they may be exposed to serious health risks. So make sure to pick a pet boarding that serves nutritious and non-processed food to pets.
If you have a fussy cat or dog, then you can also request the boarding to feed your pet what they love instead of their default menu. You can also hand over food packets while you drop your pet.
- The key is to never force your pet to eat food that they are not used to. But ensure that a balanced and complete diet is provided at the pet boarding.
Best Pet Boarding and Veterinary in Charlottesville
- If you’re in Charlottesville or in surrounding areas, you are welcome to leave your pet with Autumn Trails Veterinary Center. We not only take care of your pet’s health but also provide an environment that feels like home to your pet.
We are pet lovers, too, so we know the anxiety you feel when you have to board your dog or cat. Boarding at Autumn Trails Veterinary Center gives you peace of mind knowing your loved one is in good hands. We treat your pets as if they were our own.